To support the Kentucky Watershed Management Framework, a statewide Watershed Steering Committee meets regularly to provide guidance, oversight and communication to interagency/organizational activities.
The body includes state and federal agencies, universities, nonprofit advocacy groups, trade associations and local government associations. It is the highest-level coordinating forum for the watershed process.
Focus Watershed Information: The Focus Watersheds are watersheds selected by the Watershed Steering Committee as areas for focused restoration and protection efforts and resources. Five watersheds were selected as Focused Watersheds. For an update, see the links below; these links will take you to the Basin pages, with links to various information about each focus watershed.
• Boiling Springs (Salt River Basin Management Unit)
• Cane Run (Kentucky River Basin)
• Clarks Run (Kentucky River Basin)
• Elkhorn Creek (Big Sandy River Basin)
• Pleasant Grove Creek (Four Rivers Basin)