What is a Project WET Facilitator?
A Project WET facilitator is someone who is certified to conduct educator workshops. Project WET facilitators are a select group of water educators. Facilitators help workshop participants gain an understanding of how to use the Project WET materials. Facilitators involve workshop participants in Project WET activities so that they will become familiar with the materials and use them after the workshop to educate students of all ages and adults in water education.
Duties of a Project WET Facilitator
- Complete the necessary paperwork associated with the management of the Project WET program and submit to the Kentucky Division of Water (KDOW) within the time frames required. All necessary forms can be located at the Facilitator Forms page.
- Conduct or assist with at least one Project WET workshop or informational booth every two years.
- Represent Project WET in a professional and unbiased manner.
- Conduct presentations to increase awareness of Project WET and promote workshops.
- Promote Project WET locally.
Requirements to become a Project WET Facilitator
- Participate in a six-hour Project WET Educator workshop.
- Complete the Project WET Facilitator Application Form.
- Participate in a Facilitator Workshop session.
- Have a basic understanding of water and its importance.
- Be comfortable leading adult workshops.
Selection and Criteria
Individuals interested in becoming a Project WET Facilitator should complete a Project WET Facilitator Application form and submit it to the Kentucky Coordinator at Brittany@kaee.org.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a one or two day training session where they are taught skills and strategies needed to lead successful workshops, such as promoting a workshop, planning a workshop agenda, and completing the necessary paperwork.
Upon completion of the training session, participants are certified to conduct Project WET Educator Workshops. To be considered ACTIVE, a Facilitator must conduct or assist with at least one workshop or informational booth every two years.
Active Facilitators in Kentucky
The Kentucky coordinator maintains a database of facilitators in Kentucky. If you are a Project WET facilitator and don’t receive the monthly newsletter from the Coordinator, please contact Brittany@kaee.org
If you are an active facilitator and need a refresher course to update your certification to the Activity Guide 2.0, please signup online at the Project WET Store. The Project WET Foundation is currently offering a condensed update by video at Project WET Program 2.0 Online Refresher Course