Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Energy and Environment Cabinet

Division of Water

Division of Water

The mission of the Kentucky Division of Water is to manage, protect and enhance the quality and quantity of the Commonwealth's water resources for present and future generations through voluntary, regulatory and educational programs.

New - Notice of proposed changes to Kentucky Water Quality Standards (401 KAR Chapter 10)



There are no items to show in this view of the "Updates" list.

Recently Approved KPDES General Permits:

General Permit for Mineral Mining and On-Site Processing Operations (KYG840000) Effective 2-1-2015

General Permit for Concrete Products, Asphalt Paving and Ready-Mix Concrete Operations (KYG110000) Effective 2/1/2015

General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Construction Activities (KYR100000) Effective 12-1-2014

General Permit for Coal Mining, Processing, and Associated Activities (KYGE40000 and KYGW40000) Effective 10-1-2014

General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity Effective (KYR000000) Effective 6-1-2013

No Exposure Certification Form For Exclusion from KPDES Stormwater Permitting Available on the Web

Permit documents, information and links to eNOI forms or paper forms for all Surface Water Discharge permits are available at
General Permits
Click here to learn about general permits for wastewater discharges.  In addition to explaining what general permits are, each wastewater discharge general permit is listed, along with its effective and expiration dates, and is linked to a page that provides access to that general permit’s fact sheet, permit, application, instructions, notice of termination, and any available guidance.

Nature License Plate
Drive home your support for the outdoors and keep Kentucky in a natural state by buying a Nature License Plate. All proceeds from the sale of nature license plates are deposited into the Kentucky Heritage Land Conservation Fund; the Wild Rivers Program receives 10 percent of those funds.


For environmental emergencies such as spills of gas, oil or other substances, contact the Environmental Response Team.
502-564-2380 or 1-800-928-2380