The Kentucky NPS Pollution Control Program is soliciting services to produce a comprehensive, nine-key element watershed based plan for the entire Cane Run watershed (HUC 05100205280200) in Fayette and Scott Counties. The watershed plan shall be written in accordance with the standards set forth in the Watershed Planning Guidebook for Kentucky Communities.
Additionally, the vendor shall be expected to conduct water quality monitoring and data collection on a monthly basis for a one year period starting May 2016. It is anticipated that the contract will be awarded in April 2016, and that the project will be completed by April 2018.
The funding for this project will be provided by the Division’s Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Program utilizing Clean Water Act Section 319(h) funding. The vendor shall not be expected to generate or document any non-federal match.
Final applications shall be submitted to Alyson Jinks by 4:00pm 02/22/2016.
If you have questions, contact Alyson Jinks at (502)564-3410 ext. 4911.
Funding through Section 319(h) of the Clean Water Act is provided to the Kentucky Nonpoint Source (NPS) Pollution Control Program from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Funds can be used to pay for 60 percent of the total cost for each project; a 40 percent nonfederal match is required.
The Kentucky NPS Pollution Control Program seeks projects to compete for funding. Grants are available for watershed-based plan development and implementation, protection of Special Use Waters with identified threats, as well as other nonpoint source pollution control projects to help mitigate or prevent runoff pollution. Priority consideration will be given to applications for watershed-based plan development and implementation in 303(d) listed streams and protection of threatened Special Use Waters.
Project proposals forms may be submitted at any time; however, deadlines apply to specific federal funding cycles. To be considered for 2015 funding, project proposals forms have to be submitted by May 15, 2015.
2015 Grant Application and Funding Process
- Read the Grant Guidance Document and Application instructions.
- Contact a NPS staff member to discuss your potential project.
- Submit Project Proposal Form by May 15, 2015.
- A NPS staff member will contact you to discuss your proposal.
- May 15 to May 29, 2015 -- proposals review and selection.
- Upon invitation develop an application.
- Submit application. Application must be postmarked by midnight July 10, 2015. If delivered by hand, application must be received by 4:30 p.m. ET July 10, 2015, at the Division of Water, NPS Section, 200 Fair Oaks Lane, Fourth Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601.
- July 13 to July 31, 2015 -- project review and selection.
- September 2015 -- expected receipt of grant from EPA.
- Contract written and executed.
- Project begins.
If you have any questions, e-mail Nonpoint Source Grants.
Back to Funding Main Page